Thursday, January 24, 2013

last day reflections


  1. What did you learn about photography that you did not know before? I learned all about the different personalities you can put into photographs and the different kinds of photography. For instance, I never knew how to do a silhouette (or did I ever think about it) but once I did it, it was really cool. I felt proud and accomplished when I saw how awesome the photos turned out. It was also cool to see how different effects on images give them a different feel, look, and style. 
  2. What did you learn about yourself this semester? I learned that I really like photography, I just have a hard time finding what to photograph. All in all, I really enjoyed going outside and looking for things to photograph (especially for the macro). 
  3. What did you wish we had done that we did not? I don't really know, since I'm unfamiliar with photography. 
  4. What was your struggle? My number one struggle for all the projects was finding what to photograph. I didn't really know what would turn out nicely on camera to my blog, or if the object had meaning. Sometimes, my camera just wouldn't focus the way I would want it to so the pictures in my mind were hard to translate to the lens. 
  5. What did you conquer? I obviously conquered finding things to take pictures of, but I also conquered each project individually. Each had their own aspect that was hard, like in the light project it was hard building my fort to do a silhouette. As for the self portrait project, it was hard to be on the other side of the camera. 
  6. Hows, Whys, What Fors? How I took all the photos was using my little digital camera or my phone. The reasons behind me taking the pictures were to fit the project, for the macro project, I looked for things with texture and weird patterns (like a sparkly ornament I found in my room). I had a reason behind taking my images, for instance, in the blur project there is a picture of my sister throwing leaves in the air. I liked how she looked so happy and blissful that I had to take a picture, and it worked perfectly with the blur project because her arms and the leaves are falling and created an intentional blur. 

No comments:

Post a Comment